A new teachers association with a focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) has been established for the Northern Territory (NT).
The STEAM Teachers Association of the NT (STEAM TANT) aims to:
- establish a network of educators for the purpose of STEAM education
- promote and support STEAM events and activities in the NT
- arrange and participate in professional learning / development activities
- disseminate information and encourage participation amongst members in relevant training and information activities
- utilise financial resources in pursuance of the aims and objectives of the association
- actively support initiatives in line with the general aims of the association
- maintain compliance with peak body membership requirements
- build networks with local businesses and organisations that will benefit the association members.
“We can’t improve student outcomes without changing teacher practice".
- Roy Anderson
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade Business Innovation division is committed to building a pipeline of STEM enabled entrepreneurial innovators equipped with future workforce and business skills.
For further information on the department's outcomes in this space you can read more about how we have strengthened the focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics) Northern Territory’s children and youth.