The Women’s Innovation Pitch competition is an event which aims to provide an opportunity for Territorian women to develop innovative products through support provided from the Business Innovation Program (BIP).
Female entrepreneurs can present an innovation proposal for a chance to win one of three placements in the program valued at $30,000 each. For more information on BIP, go to the Northern Territory Government website.
Before you apply
You must read and accept the BIP terms and conditions.
Applications for the Women’s Innovation Pitch are open to female Territorians and Territory businesses with a significant female presence in leadership roles. Applicants must have a registered ABN.
What you can get
If you are one of three winners, you will receive:
- professional advisory services from the Northern Territory Government’s Innovator in Residence
- funding of up to $30,000 towards the development of your innovation
- an exemption from the BIP requirement to co-contribute dollar-for-dollar matched funding (all other BIP terms and conditions apply).
How to apply
Applications to compete in the Women’s Innovation Pitch open on Thursday 11 February 2021 at 9am and close on Friday 12 March 2021 at 11:59pm.
To apply for the Women’s Innovation Pitch, fill in the application form on the SmartyGrants website.
After you apply
Submitted applications will be reviewed in line with the BIP terms and conditions, and eligible submissions reviewed by an independent panel.
Three Territorian women will be offered placements in the program as follows:
- six applications will be shortlisted to participate in the Women’s Innovation Pitch event in early April 2021
- participants in the Women’s Innovation Pitch will be judged on both the merit of their application and pitch presentation
- three winners will be invited to complete stage one (planning) of the program
- when stage one is completed by the winners and approved by the BIP panel, winners will enter stage two (development) and be exempt from the program requirement to co-contribute dollar-for-dollar matched funding.
Applicants who are not shortlisted or do not win placements will be advised in writing and offered an opportunity to proceed through the program as normal (in line with its standard terms and conditions, including the requirement to co-contribute dollar-for-dollar matched funding).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find resources to help with innovation on this website.