Would you like to be part of a collaborative network comprising of business, industry, academia and government leaders to support a vibrant and strong drone ecosystem in the Territory?
The NT Drones Industry Committee was established in 2021 and drives activities and news to advance the broader NT Drone Industry Network. The role of the NT Drones Industry Committee is to advance and grow the Northern Territory’s drone ecosystem by:
- Increasing drone ecosystem capability in the Northern Territory through collaboration and fostering strong partnerships across industries, government, academia and regulatory authorities.
- Advocating for regulatory and policy reform, along with drone industry safety and social responsibility.
- Promoting Diversity and inclusiveness to encourage an environment which allows the opportunity for everyone to contribute.
- Increase visibility of drone-related opportunities and pathways to encourage future growth and technology advancement of the drone ecosystem.
The network identifies collaborative opportunities that can benefit the NT as well as issues that impact the use of drones for business and research. Members work together to provide services and increase opportunities through identifying training, assisting in mentoring, test bedding and facilitating innovation.
Department of Industry, Tourism, and Trade (DITT), provides support and other overarching functions to the committee as required, to help support strategic objectives of the agency.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the following positions, are being sought to confirm the 2023 membership for the NT Drones Industry Committee:
- Deputy Chairperson,
- Secretariat and,
- Committee Members.
The Chairperson’s functions and responsibilities:
- Lead and direct Committee activities and meetings
- Set meeting agendas with the Secretary
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Committee
- Ensure the objectives of the Committee are met within timeframes
- Provide reports and feedback back to the Network and other interested stakeholders.
The Deputy Chairperson’s functions and responsibilities:
- The Deputy Chairperson supports the Chairperson with leadership, assisting with the delegated Chair activities required of the committee and acts as a proxy in their absence.
- Assist the Chair to provide reports and feedback back to the Network and other interested stakeholders.
The Secretariat’s functions and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the committee and its members as required
- Coordinate and prepare agenda and meeting papers with the Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson and distribute to members.
- Adhere and apply strict governance framework across committee meetings and collaboration activities to support recordkeeping practices and reporting obligations.
Committee Member’s functions and responsibilities:
- Lead engagement activities with key drone ecosystem stakeholders
- Advise the committee on drone ecosystem related opportunities, events and initiatives
- Undertake research and analytical work related to the terms of reference; and content of particular enquiries
- Provide industry input into regulatory and policy reform as required.
Committee positions will be determined by a panel and based on the following selection criteria.
- Skills pertaining to the drones industry and/or ecosystem; particularly leadership and strategic thinking
- Knowledge, experience, and field(s) of expertise relevant to the drone industry and/or ecosystem
- The ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the role of the Committee and the purpose of the Network
- Potential for future development in the drone industry and/or ecosystem
- Capacity to attend committee meetings and events.
How you can nominate
Complete the nomination form online by clicking here by Tuesday 11 April 2023.
For more information
Contact the Business Innovation team:
by phone (08) 8999 7373 or email email@example.com