The Territory's top drone experts and industry leaders came together in Darwin to provide technical insights into emerging drone technology and policies in the Territory and across Australia.
Over 60 drones industry stakeholders registered to attend the event that was held in Darwin and live-steamed to stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally with attendees from Thailand, Singapore, Canada and the United Kingdom.
A preview of the Territory's strategic directions paper, Opportunities to grow the drone industry, was presented for industry stakeholders to have their say on the Northern Territory Government’s policy position on drones.
Topics and speakers included:
- Introduction and update from the Drones Industry Committee - Renee Bartolo, Chair, Drones Industry Committee NT
- Opportunities to grow the drone industry: report preview and have your say - Joseph Kuhn, Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Using drones to freight medical supplies and pathological samples to remote communities - Drones for Life Project Manager Wendy Pech, Department of Health
- National emerging aviation technologies policy and SmartSkies traffic management - Jackie Dujmovic, Hover UAV
- Drone shows and emerging swarm technology - Bel Cook, Digitally Buzzed
- Australian Association for Unmanned Systems - update from the peak industry body.