Are you a problem solver with an understanding of the hydrogen energy sector … then we want to hear from you!
At the recent Northern Territory (NT) Hydrogen Cluster lunch, industry leaders put a call out for innovative projects to be submitted for review and possible funding of up to $2 million under the Paspalis Innovation Investment Fund (PIIF). Further to this the NT Government has committed $100,000 of early-stage seed funding to support development of a project selected by PIIF for venture capital investment.
Both the Northern Territories Renewable Hydrogen Strategy and the Territory Economic Reconstruction Commission Final Report have targets the projects must align with and these include:
- preparing local industry capabilities, logistics and supply chains to facilitate the adoption of renewable hydrogen, providing opportunities for the diversification of the Territory’s economy, generating job opportunities and growing the population
- optimising the NT’s resources and infrastructure and ensuring that local industry at all stages of the supply chain are prepared for the establishment of the new industry
- growing and harnessing demand for hydrogen to maximise the local use and international export potential
- ensuring that the Territory remains at the forefront of innovation when optimizing hydrogen opportunities, and
- assist to diversity the economy of the Territory, new projects, industry and innovation come with reviews into existing legislation, regulations and standards.
The final report from the Territory Economic Reconstruction Commission recommends the actions of supporting pilot or demonstration hybrid hydrogen and solar projects, including for remote power micro grids and blending with natural gas in pipelines and generators.
Expression of interest are open now until 30 June, so if you have a project that aligns with above criteria - please submit your expression of interest by email to email@example.com.